Leah Martin Law

Business Attorneys

Call or Text - Free Consultations*
Photo of Leah Martin

Nevada Business Reinstatements

by | May 26, 2021 | Business Law, Contract Law


You just found out that your Nevada entity is in default, revoked, or permanently revoked. How do you get your business back in good standing with the Secretary of State? To check your entity’s status with the Secretary of State, you may search your entity here: https://esos.nv.gov/EntitySearch/OnlineEntitySearch

Let’s cover how your business got here in the first place. The Nevada Secretary of State has the authority to default or revoke your business entity if you fail to do any of the following:

  • Pay any fees required by law
  • Obtain a Nevada business license
  • File annual lists (annual reports)
  • Appoint or maintain a registered agent
  • Properly file paperwork for changes to your articles of organization

 The state will typically send the company, or its registered agent, a notice identifying why the company fell out of good standing. Operating your business while your entity is revoked could result in an expensive fine.

If you want to bring your Nevada business back into good standing to operate, you’ll need to pay any outstanding fees and submit a completed reinstatement packet to the Nevada Secretary of State. The cost for the reinstatement will vary depending on the infractions and the length of time that has passed. You may call the Secretary of State’s Customer Service Division at (775) 684-5708 for a breakdown of the fees required for your entity’s reinstatement.

Documents for reinstatement or revival can be found on the Secretary of State’s website https://www.nvsos.gov/sos. Reinstatements must be filed by the Secretary of State. A Nevada business attorney will be able to assist with reinstating or reviving your business. Always make sure you and your business are operating properly under the state rules and regulations.


Subscribe to Our Newsletter

* indicates required




RSS Feed

Contact Us